We think these are essential beliefs. That is, in order to be in alignment with one another as a church body a person must agree with these essential beliefs.
1. The Bible is God’s word to us and is to be the final authority in all matters of faith and practice. 2 Timothy 3:16-17. 2 Peter 1:19-21.
2. God exists as God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit, that the Three are separate, equal yet one. Genesis 1:1-2, Colossians 1:15-20, John 14:15-25.
3. Jesus is the only way for man to be saved. John 14:6, Acts 4:12.
4. Salvation is by grace not works. Ephesians 2:8-9, John 6:44.
5. People will exist for all eternity, either in Heaven or Hell. Ecclesiastes 3:11, Revelation 20:14-15.
For a deeper look at our doctrinal beliefs see the Baptist Faith and Message 2000*.
*The office of deacon is defined as anyone, male or female, who is enlisted and commissioned by the church for a position of service.